Recipe Source - Chef Mitch Maier
Prep Time - 15 Minutes
Cook Time - 15 Minutes
Total Time - 30 Minutes
8 oz. of whole wheat spaghetti
2-3 tsp. olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
8 oz. of salmon fillets
1/4-1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 teaspoon Chef Mitch Maier Black Garlic Sauce & Marinade
3-4 cups kale, chopped
Herbs, crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper, as desired
Lemon slices (optional)
1. Preheat oven to broil. Meanwhile, bring pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a baking dish, drizzle about 1 tsp. olive oil in dish. Add garlic and basil, stir to combine. Put dish in oven to heat for about 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook another 5 minutes.
3. When tomatoes are starting to brown, add salmon and olives to baking dish. Cook about 3-4 minutes per side, or until salmon is thoroughly cooked.
4. When pasta is cooked and ready to be drained, place kale in a big bowl under the colander for pasta. Pour the hot water on the kale to wilt it. Set pasta aside.
5. Add wilted kale to pasta pot. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. Black Garlic Sauce & Marinade sprinkle with a little sea salt. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
6. Place pasta on plates or in bowls. Top with sautéed kale. Then top with salmon and tomato-olive mixture. Drizzle with oil from pan or remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs or crushed red pepper, and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
To Order Chef Mitch Maier Black Garlic Products -- www.chefmitchmaier.com